Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I'm now a college student! what did I get myself into? something good....


With Scott having two years left in the coast guard I decided that I need to get on the ball with my college education. My husband Scott is currently enrolled with Liberty University and has been taking classes for about a year now. They are the number one and largest Christian college in the country. And what can I say..my man Tim Lahaye (author of the Left Behind series) founded the Tim Lahaye school of Prophecy at LU. So I only choose the best of the best to get an Associate of Arts in Education through LU's education program. 2 years of college and I'll have a degree to teach in a Christian school or I can teach preschool, be a teachers aid, or a substitute teacher at a public school. Wherever God wants me to be. I would rather be in a public school (that's where Christians are needed most). My first classes I will be taking for the summer semester are English and Theology for 8 weeks, and then Philosophy and Education for 8 weeks. I'm super stoked! Scott and I at least have English we are taking together and he's already taken Philosophy so he can help me out if I have any trouble. So my nights will be spent on my computer and school work..when the boys settle down to a movie and chocolate milks and Keane falls asleep around 9:30pm. May 17th is when I start and Scott starts up again as well...he's on a 2 week break now. I'm going to be a busy woman! Speaking of...I must go get my run on..Keane is asleep and the boys are watching a movie. Till next time!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Britt! I'm excited about your online college adventure! Billy is looking into online classes as well. He's discovering that unfortunately 10+ years of experience is not as reognized as a college degree in the IT world. I really wish he could get into firefighting full-time as I know this is his passion...helping people. So are you guys staying on the east coast? I thought you were thinking about oregon? I know how plans can change ;)... We are still waiting on God to show us where He wants us. But for now, we are happy to be within the body here in Niles. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Britt!!!
    So, what movies do the boys watch? Cam's addicted to the movie Cars right now... well, for the past 6 months at least. He could watch it over and over again if I let him. We've started stocking up on cars from the movie and he must take them with him everywhere. He loves them... it's so cute.
    Miss you all! You'll be an awesome teacher!!

    ReplyDelete