Thursday, April 8, 2010

Ethiopia or Bust

My mind is on Africa tonight and our adoption. It has been 2 years now since I have been researching on adopting from Ethiopia. 2 years now since God has put this passion into my heart for adoption. I am a strong advocate for adoption and loving the orphan. I have seen this first hand from my mother and father in law who have adopted 7 children and working on 3 more (1 baby girl due any day, and 2 from Ethiopia due soon). It is amazing how they have taken these children into their home and loved them and you know what the sad part is? They get a lot of slack for doing so. So many negative comments and are they done yets?! Is that not a horriable and selfish thing to hear? To give a child a home = you are crazy for doing so! Shame on the people who says these things. Is it better for a child to go unloved and without a family then for him or her to have a home? Common sense says no. God says NO. God says love the orphan and the widow. And that is exactly what our family is about. God is tugging at our hearts and leading us toward this adoption. Tell me why I ran into two families in Maine this past weekend who adopted from Ethiopia? I don't know when it will happen. Soon I hope. We hope to bring two children home from Ethiopia. The boys are excited about it. Kaiden says he wants a sister. I say whoever God wants in our family...just maybe he'll have a sister afterall. Until then we are prayerful about this. And we are also praying our Ethiopian siblings home to the Michigan Cameron Family as well:)

No comments:

Post a Comment