Thursday, January 27, 2011

It's OFFICIAL!!!!

Our application was approved and we are officially in the Ethiopia program with our agency Children's Hope International!!! This was such exciting news for me to hear. I can seriously compare it to taking a pregnancy test and seeing the positive sign come up telling you that your pregnant. Yes...I'm an expectant mother in the early weeks of a "paper pregnancy". It's been my easiest "pregnancy" yet as I have no morning sickness and I won't be hanging over a toilet seat for the next three months! It does bring anxiety and long hours of paperwork and digging into my past and totally exposing my whole life to a social worker (a complete stranger). Which I would totally trade any day over morning sickness:)
Ah yes my three handsome boys all gave this mommy severe morning sickness and nausea...and they were so totally worth it! Keegan humored Scott and I tonight as he was cooking dinner and we were all hanging out in the kitchen. Our kitty cat Ukee is going to get neutered at the vet next week and I was sitting on the floor with Keegan in my lap and Ukee came up to be pet and I said, "Ukee you are going to get fixed." And Keegan said as cute and serious as can be in his little three year old voice, "Mookie broken?"....."Mookie broken mommy?"...that just made me smile and then I had to go into explaining that Ukee wasn't broken but that he had to go to the vet and ya well ya know...try explaining that to a three year old!! Well that is all I got tonight folks...it is late and I'm off to bed! I will leave you with a cute pic of Keegan and Kaiden and their snowman that they made.





I love this picture! All three boys plus the dog staring outside at the snow..it's too cold out there!

3 comments:

  1. That is such exciting news, congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY exciting news!!! You all have big BIG hearts! ♥ u!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you guys!!! and I LOVE the pic of them all at the window! I miss them (and of course you and scott)

    ReplyDelete